Much fun to be had with this design – it is funny how designs for me just evolve. I don’t have things picked out beforehand, I just wing it as I go along and take inspiration as it comes. That is how I cook also – everything always works out in the end.
These are papers that came in a new scrapbooking subscription I have and they are Kaisercraft papers, mostly with a water theme and so I ripped them and layered them up. Then on went some wave stencilling in white modelling paste and out came all the blue and green sprays I own. I have Ranger and Kaisercraft inks and though the Kaiser ones are not waterproof, they have a great depth of colour to them. I also pulled out a white spray. It took quite a bit of spraying to get the look I was after and even then I was not sure that I had it right. But with the right amount of playing and splattering, drying and going again, it turned out perfectly.
The photo matt, I decided to leave off and just frame the photo areas simply with blue card giving the photo a thin blue border. Then it was time just to play again, out came the gel and some sandy modelling paste and I mixed them together and added some art stones, glitter and stuff to give it some texture and ran this along the edge of the paper rips, almost so it looks like the tip of little waves. I also did this a few times in order to get it to look the way I wanted. I then put on some tiny shells and found a strip of pearls where some of them had gotten ruined off their sticky strip, so being one who hates to allow things to go to waste, I used them and that is what inspired the pearl dribbles and I just love that part of the layout.
I then rummaged through my shells that I have collected over the years of many beach walks and glued some of those on, but more awesomely, I found this bit of coral and got out my Viva Inka Gold pastes and coloured it up. It looks so gorgeous.
I then fussy cut the butterflies and layered them across the top, not my favourite activity at all. My hands and the scissors do not agree at all. I found some hessian and used that to look like some fishnet and then finished it off with some flowers, a little bit of ephemera and the all important, bling!
Ready to be framed and for some beautiful photos.
Here are some additional close ups.