I have been wanting to use this green vine ribbon for some time on a layout and so finally it has happened and I let that inspire everything from there and kept the colouring nice and natural.
I chose the darkest paper I could find in my stash for as long as I could be bothered to go through all my papers.  I always clear gesso the page as it stops page curl, then did some embossing of little squares across the middle (which you can barely see now).  I actually try really hard not to do that as I consider it to be wasteful.  Never mind.  Then I used some cheap watercolours in greens and white and daubed them across the middle and then sprayed with water and banged the page on the table to get the nice dribbles, I especially liked the thin dribbles that occurred.  I did these in each vertical direction so the dribbles would go both ways.

I then ripped up pieces in the tones already used and stuck them randomly across the middle with gel to adhere them down.  I then applied random bits of green cotton over the background area, unfortunately not easily seen as I would of liked.  On went the sticks, dried out diffuser sticks and random bits of hessian.  I then created my photo matt, not too much, just 4 bits going into it.  Here was the fun part, adhering the vine around the white area ensuring the white area of photo is kept clear for later photo mounting.  I just roughly and loosely measured the amount of ribbon required and then just glued a few leaves down here and there, tucking them under the white.
Time to raid my Kaisercraft stash of wooden embellishments and used a corner flourish in its natural state and another left the same, aside from some clear crackle accents on the berries, just for a bit of interest.  I snuck an ornate little heart in there too, but that gets added later!

A few leaves from my own cut out stash from the Silhouette and more watercolour, then gave them a gloss finish with Mod Podge.  I now adhered some cardboard underneath the photo matt and stuck it to the page so it is raised above the sticks and sits nice and firmly.  On went the feathers, kindly donated by one of my silkie chickens, the heart was stuck on and some little bits of bling painted around a few parts of the image and then it is complete.

My pages do not have photos on them as they get framed in a shadow box frame and then go up for sale.  I hope you like my layout, thanks for stopping by.  Smiles, JB

Created by Jacobi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *